View Single Post
Old 01-08-05, 09:10

Default Bob's Jacket

G'Day mates

Still in Canberra. Visited today the excellent War Memorial. Wow, was really impressed by the Sounds & Light Show around the Lancaster-Bomber. Best museum so far I've ever been to. And I've visited many museums in Europe.

But otherwise, Canberra is quite a very, very quiet town. Nothing happens hear. Wanted to open a bank account. All banks closed today! Can't be. Hard to find Internet Cafe's and hardly no 24hour-shop. Sounds like back in Switzerland.

Bob looks very tough in his Jacket. Think he looks quite a little bit like Andrea Stavros (Anthony Quinn) in the old warmovie "Guns over Navarone" (can't remember the exact English name, the movie in the Greek sea, where they have to destroy to big guns, located in a hill).

So, tomorrow is the departure to Yass and helping Max with his sheep shearing. I think he can benefit from my Swiss shearer skills, which I've developped over the past century ;-) Hope to stay there until the the weekend with the 60 Year Commemoration "End of War in Pacific".

So far for the moment.

Cheers, mates
Chris

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy