View Single Post
Old 02-07-05, 03:26
M38A1 CDN3

Default Canada Day and Military Demonstrations

As part of Canada Day celebrations, many towns/cities have incorporated military "Dog & Pony Shows", in order to try and familiarize the civilian population with the vehicles and equipment currently in use in the CF.

One such town was Kincardine, on the shores of Lake Huron.

Here, I met up with MLU poster "Zipperhead", aka Warrant Officer Darrell Zinck, of the Royal Canadian Dragoons. He gave me a thoroughly enjoyable and informative briefing on the Coyote (an armoured surveillance vehicle). It's capabilities are truly awesome.

Additionally, he gave me a similar run down on the new G-Wagen. Another awesome piece of kit. One particular feature on the G-Wagen was the positioning of two small solar powered panels which constantly trickle charge the 12V and 24V systems. No more dead batteries in the field!

Darrell took a pic of me beside the G-Wagen, saying that he would post it when he got back to Petawawa.

No matter what he says in his post with that pic, what is really going on is that Honest Darrell, the Used G-Wagen man talked me into buying it and has just handed me the keys to it!

(Their Transportation Allowance ran out in the local Legion, and they needed to come up with some money to get back to Pet):