View Single Post
Old 01-06-05, 20:32

No, Grzegorz, there wasn´t.

There were just some tables showing effects of bombardments by USAAF of American (or partly American) owned factories compared with German owned ones. The dfferences looked significant, but I am unable to give details because the book was from a library of Copenhagen Garrison - the only copy publicly owned in the country.

There was, of course, no information on any specific arrangements about what to bomb and what not. Nor were there any info on reactions of the British. If the assertion of selective bombing be true, it would be naive to believe that the British wouldn´t have noticed. Maybe they did but in their position of dependency on the US, they were not exactly able to voice their reservations.

Of course, it is "revisionist" stuff!
But, again, I think that revisionism is the only way ahead in attempts to understand the origins and course of WW1 and 2. There are too much muddy explanations, sentimentalism, hate and uncertainties on both subjects, imo.

I am certainly not peddling the kind of revisionism which attempts to "debunk" the slaughter of European Jewry, nor do I have any positive "vibes" towards Hitler or NS movement.
Maybe it is better to call it "scepticism towards the official historical lore on some aspects of recent history".

Regards,