View Single Post
Old 14-04-24, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
Found my 3rd and last RH exhaust manifold and it is identical to the other two
I have and identical to yours as pictured on MLU....... why is the F8 so different........ I have a F15a rolling chassis and the exhaust outlet does clear the pedals...... is the frame of the F15 wider than the F8????

Good find on the regimental records........ how hard was it to find or search for the information......... such as 03851 for my C15a......? can a search be doen online???? or only by paper sifting onsite at the base???

Bob C
The F8 is shorten 120” civilian truck chassis, so yes it different from the 15, 30 and 60 chassis.

The search for regimental diaries is fairly easy, if you have the correct unit to look up. 2 Medium Regiment from 1940-41 was later changed to 2nd Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment. This made it a little harder to find the original war diaries online at https://wartimes.ca/canadiana-heritage-war-diary-reels/

Just reading through the War Diaries and finding my truck mentioned is more of luck then anything, tho I am hoping get access to 27 Light Aid Detachment records I may find more information.