View Single Post
Old 16-12-23, 00:22
Centurion nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.morrison View Post
Good evening all: I have been in touch withe one of my former high school teachers, who, many years ago, was involved with the Royal Canadian School of Artillery. I was located in south west Ontario and disbanded in 1960. According to his knowledge, everything was shipped off to Shilo, including all the War Trophies, One of them was the famous German 88,
The Royal Canadian School of Artillery (Anti-Aircraft) was located at Point Petre in Ontario. It was stationed there with the 1st Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment, both equipped with the US 90mm anti-aircraft gun. Both were disbanded in 1960 when the Canadian Army got out of the anti-aircraft business with the manpower positions used to create the Honest John batteries.

Point Petre had gunnery ranges for firing the 90mm gun over Lake Ontario (in the general direction of the US). This would seem to be an appropriate place to have had a war-recovered 88mm flak gun as a trophy.

Alas, I can't confirm such a gun was there and, if it was, where it might have ended up. Wasn't there one in the Borden Museum?