View Single Post
Old 26-09-23, 16:53

I commute 200 km every day to work and back on the 401, the world’s busiest highway. (Wikepedia) I travel at 120 km and the speed limit is 100 km for ALL lanes. I travel in the right lane predominately as the speed in the center lane is 130kph and the hammer lane is 140. There are accidents galore and you are not safe. People drive so erratic everywhere now it is unbelievable. I make a few extra bucks when the combines go down my rural road and take up the whole driving surface. That’s when the citidiots try to sqeeeeze past and end up in the ditch. I get to tow them out with my tractor. I have been stopped twice by the police for having flashing yellow lights. Once with the tow truck with a car on the back but not at an accident and once with my M1010. I was a visual distraction apparently. I was told to shut those lights off. After all that I guess there is no easy answer. Are you willing to take a chance? Les Fisher drives his nice stock Dodge Command Car on the 401 and the toll 407 regularly and other than the odd middle finger has no problems.

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.

Last edited by Barry Churcher; 26-09-23 at 16:59. Reason: spelling