View Single Post
Old 25-06-23, 14:46
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliphastings View Post
What’s the mximum lift capacity of a Chinook or Skycrane ��

Cheers

Phill
A civilian Chinook or Skycrane would be expensive and have to be closely coordinated as those aircraft are in demand throughout the year for cargo or firefighting around the world.

From Imperial War Museum catalogue for a Crusader II: Weight 42560-lbs, Height 88", Length 236", Width 104".

From US Army for Chinook CH47F: Sling-load capacity: 26,000-lbs center hook, 17,000-lbs forward/aft hook, 25,000-lbs tandem.

From a commercial operator of CH54A and S-64 Skycrane helicopters: the aircraft is capable of lifting payloads approaching 20,000-lbs.

So, no. Not intact. But possible disassembled. In my unsophisticated way, I would remove the surrounding trees to a radius of 25m, rig slings under the hull between the roadwheels, secure the turret from rotating, and lift straight out to the nearest large parking area. The weight of the steel is less an issue that the suction of the mud under the hull and tracks, therefore shovels, air compressor lances, jacks and blocking would be my recovery implements.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!