Thread: Wanted: Wartime Commer Project
View Single Post
Old 14-06-23, 11:52
MLU Administrator

Default Commer project lead #1: Q4 in Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinHann View Post
With only a few finishing touches to carry out on our 30cwt Commer, mainly the painting of the decals and insignia which I will be undertaking myself over the next month or so we are now looking forward.

We very much enjoy the restoration side of these projects and so we have decided to go for another project, as Commers ore our thing I have started to put out feelers here and there for the next project...

Trouble is we all know that wartime Commers are very rare but we will keep looking cause you just never know what will turn up one day. Be it a 15cwt RAF van or a Q4 3 tonner we would be interested to hear and be keen to save another wonderful vehicle of this marque.

If anyone hears or knows of anything that would be up our street then please get in touch.
Hello Kevin, congrats on finishing the restoration of this 30-cwt truck!

I'd love to see a Q2 15-cwt RAF Van restored but AFAIK there are none left...

As for leads for projects:

1) See the Q2 Tractor in the Commer Q2 thread: it may be worthwhile to contact the current owner as there may come a time he's willing to let it go?

2) As Alex mentioned, a Commer project was mentioned on here a long time ago. I can't find the tread, but here is the link to the seller's website: https://kfjhandel.dk/biler/72-biler-...angravemaskine
This is a wartime Q4 truck in Denmark which was converted with an excavator on the back. Asking price is approx 5,650 EUR/ 4,800 GBP, but this has been for sale for approx. 10 years and there is no interest in these sort of vehicles in Denmark, I have been assured. So there should be some room to haggle?

Automated translation:
Quote:
DESCRIPTION
year : 1950
COMMER 6 cyl. petrol.with mounted wire excavator pulled by Danish "AASÅ" pet. engine.
it is built at a machine factory in Sønderborg, an owner
PS. There is no instruction book for it, you have to practice.
driven as a motor vehicle - paper
has been in a barn for a number of years, your neighbor is guaranteed NOT to have another similar one
INFORMATION
DKK 42,000.00

Click image for larger version

Name:	kfjhandel.dk_biler_72-biler-varebiler_4756-veterangravemaskine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	134815 Click image for larger version

Name:	veterangravemaskine_4756_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	134816

Click image for larger version