View Single Post
Old 12-01-23, 23:06

Thanks to the two M's for your help.

Mike K I know Michael Ferguson in that video well. That is where I got my new floor shift 3 speed yesterday - I have a rebuilt? 3 speed column shift for sale.

This is a wonderful site to put in your index. http://home.znet.com/c1937/RPM.htm

As you know I am not too precious about the number of rivets and more than happy to have a "may be, may be not, tribute" vehicle - it only becomes 'fake' if claims are made against opposing evidence.

Missing evidence either way has no value in law and the "likely" optimism of the owner holds equal status with the "unlikely" claims of others.

I would hazard a guess that the great majority of restored military vehicles (particularly jeeps) would fail miserably in an academic provenance investigation. All the many gratuitously marked Military Police vehicles tell us is their owners have never been in the army (unless they were actually Military Policemen).

The best most of us can do is save a vehicle of a type clearly used by the military and use words like "presume" or "possibly" while ignoring the cries of experts who require proof while offering no opposing proof themselves.

Marking an unknown vehicle with definite originality claims is falsifying history but marked to "represent XYZ" is just fine to my mind.

The main thing is the keep them rolling.

Lang

Last edited by Lang; 12-01-23 at 23:20.