Thread: Wanted: Sexton Lights
View Single Post
Old 19-11-22, 11:04

Hello Chaps, thanks for all the info, I'm starting to build a better picture of what should be fitted and what's been done to the vehicle post war now.

Very interesting to read of the UV bulb that was fitted to RH side to aid night driving, I wonder whether Carriers did the same thing?

So, my understanding so far is that the correct headlights should be the stirrup type, as fitted to the Mk1* Carrier, but with a screw connection on the back (presumably for the armoured cable conduit fittings?).

I will ask the guys in the workshop to check for any welding scars on the nose plate. I'm guessing that the stirrup style headlamps must have been removed along with their brackets during the postwar rebuild and new brackets welded on to accept the Butler lights.

I'll discuss it with the group, but I'm thinking I'll need to remove the current headlamp mounts, remanufacture a pair of stirrup mounts and weld them onto the nose casting.

Thankfully Brian has one of the correct headlamps with the threaded boss on the back.

Does anyone have dimensions for the stirrup? Or could I use the Carrier style housing for the the rough dimensions?

Thanks again,

Tom