View Single Post
Old 28-06-22, 00:58
Dan Dolan

Default thanks

That is of some help.....I will be installing this No. 19 set in a T17E1 staghound going to the Netherlands..... We installed the turret basket this afternoon and are now getting the turret itself cleaned up and spiffed for craning onto the hull. I know think that some of the parts are between the top of the turret and the variometer with big black knob facing down on right side of the bustle.
Its raining here not so we will not uncover the turret until it stops and we have a clear day - then I can look at the top and bottom of the antenna hole and try and figure out the pieces orientation and order. I get that the cone goes on top and the rectangular bar is an American turret adapter. I may take pictures and send them/post them here for further comment!!!!
Where do the big copper washers go? There are two of them.
I found the big nut and lock washer.... I was going to try and keep the antenna mounts off the roof to prevent damage....may put this on it and leave off the B set aerial that is a thin tube rather than a cone...I think it could be broken in half if this with a stout object. Cone not likely to be damaged.
I know the radio works but likely I will not try it out before shipping. Tubes all light!