Thread: Info needed: TOOL BOX Chevrolet c15a no. 12
View Single Post
Old 18-07-21, 21:33

Default Correction and Photos....

Yes the proper dimension from top of closed lid to bottom is 13 1/2 inches....

See photo of my cab 11......absolutely ridiculous design...... there is not one service station nozzle that will fit that restricted space.

The cargo box is from a cab 13....temporary use while my 2B1 is being rebuilt.

Funnel and horse cock works well but requires 2 hands at the pump...... directly from the POW is fairly straight forward. I currently carry and use a 2 foot section of Chev rad hose which fits inside the filler neck and allows the service station pump to fit...... watch out for over filling!!!!

Pictures of the longer neck is obviously cab 12 and the special 1/2 thick re inforcement plate is visible.....mine on my cab 11 is hidden has I did my rear cab panel just a 1/2 in. longer when I reskinned.

So the box is composed of one large full width piece all prebent, the end caps, the two inside corner brackets for the 2 gal POW, the lid, four hinges and two hasp for the Cortby pad locks. The corner cut outs are done separately and pre bent one piece.

I would hard pressed to find a local fabricator capable of doing those box bends in one seamless piece and would likely haveto do it in multi piece Mig welded in a homemade jig.

Cheers

Ooops two pict. missing
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00421.JPGresized.jpg   DSC00422.JPGresized.jpg   DSC00424.JPGresized.jpg   DSC00425.JPGresized.jpg  
Canada