View Single Post
Old 18-02-05, 16:18
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: Regina Rifles

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
to Mark from an earlier reply post to me:

From mark
TOS from X4 list NSR(NB) unit-RRR place- 21AGp = taken on strength from the reinforcement list for the North Shore Regiment by the Regina Rifle Regiment, 21st Army GroupThanks

Would this mean he was with the North Shore's or the Regina's at the time of his fighting.

Hi Jim;

From reading everything you've written since the start of this thread, your Uncle only really served with and belonged to one unit, that being the '1st Battalion, The Regina Rifle Regiment, C.I.C.' - his time from joining back in New Brunswick to when he was TOS from the X-4 List, to the Regina Rifles - was spent in training, during which he was more or less, just learning to be a soldier, and during which time, he had no "Regimental' affiliation to any unit, save, the Canadian Infantry Corps.

Having arrived in Normandy, as a 'trained infantry reinforcement', 'earmarked' for the North Shore, but that did not mean that he was a member of that unit, he was only 'earmarked'. Once he was TOS (Taken On Strength) of the Regina Rifles, he became simply, 'a Rifleman' - he was a serving member of the Regina Rifle Regiment, the only unit of the Canadian Infantry Corps that he served with through his all to short service life.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers