View Single Post
Old 16-02-05, 15:06
Dog Robber

Well, Larry, I can only hope it comes to pass.

They mentioned that Tamiya prides themselves on their research efforts and quite often, maybe always, take measurements off of real vehicles/tanks/aircraft etc.
I have no idea what CMPs are available in Japan, but Oz is a relatively short flight away and there are kaboodles of probably every variant there.

One bright spot of the meeting was showing them this site and some others and I am forwarding to the US guy quite a number of Forum web site addresses that have large picture galleries of CMP as well as other soft skins. I also showed them Cliff's Mr. Roo gallery on the Armorama site and that blew them away.

Unfortunately, I will not really be able to meet with the rest of the modelling manufacturer "players" until July when HobbyTown USA hold their annual convention.

On the other hand, having now started this quest, let us all keep in touch regularly here and I should be able to present to the top three or four manufacturers some sort of semi-professional looking booklet outlining our wishes and including photos/drawings etc. At least I can try.
Cheers
Bill