View Single Post
Old 11-02-05, 01:37
Dog Robber

How come you guys in Europe get all the interesting motor cars??
Here in the States and I guess in Canada as well, we are shut out from all of those neat "Class A" cars as well as all of the diesel variants of all sorts of cars and trucks sold in the rest of the world.

The only thing we have to look forward to is that Malcolm Bricklin, of Yugo fame in this country, is hell bent on exporting hundreds of thousands of Chinese cars ranging from under $7000 up to a BMW 7 Series contender for under $30000 starting in 2007 to the US.

Way off our traditional subject matter, but I liked it much more in this country in the period up to about 1970 when you could import almost any type of new vehicle you wished from anywhere you wished. Some I owned and loved were a 1959 Fiat 600 , a similar vintage Citroen 2CV and an 11 of about 1954 vintage I think. The latter I purchased through the assistance of our good friend Bart Vanderveen in the mid 1980s from Autodump Sindorf ( I don't have the paperwork handy so the spelling may be off), a company he was associated with at the time. The last car was exempt from "Regs" by the way.

End of off subject post.
Bill