View Single Post
Old 14-02-17, 22:59

Default 2nd Truck out for spin

Hi All

As some of you may have heard we had another Noreaster roll through New England over the weekend. So we went from bare ground two weeks ago to more than 2 Feet (60 CM). When it left hear it went up and became a pretty good Blizzard up in Nova Scotia.

Well today I had to get my wife's car into the heated shop, so I took my Pattern 13 C60S Radio Truck Beauty out for a short low speed spin. Spin is the operative word here because that is what the rear tires did as soon as they hit the smooth plowed drive. OK on flat ground but truck came to a stop on the hill on our dirt road 10% grade even with the road sanded those fully inflated military non-directional tires could get no grip. Punched in the clutch and reached over to engage front axle. Once in gear truck started up on the grade and climbed the hill.

Funny in unplowed snow the trucks have no problem plowing snow with the axles in fact when my little 1/2 plow truck can not push heavy snow I often take one of the trucks out to break trail. But once you smooth the snow out and pack it down the military tires are all done.

One more truck to go.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com