View Single Post
Old 15-11-16, 09:58
Tony Baker

I once bought, and subsequently restored, one of these some time ago.

Very interesting and handy thing to carry. The 'hook' at rear end doubles as a handle for rolling up the length of Electrical wire that has the plug. From memory, I think it had about 8 to 10 feet of length, possibly more. The body of the light, once again from memory, is quite soft metal, and easily damaged. You need to push lightly when sanding back for fresh paintjob. Probably copper. To replace the bulb is tricky, so as not to damage the metal 'cage' around it, BUT it is possible to replace without removing the cage if you choose a slightly smaller bulb. Mine is functional, but wasn't when I bought it. Both the bulb, and the electrical cord required replacement. I think I purchased the cord from UK, to be sure I got the exact replacement. It's a fun thing to restore on those days/nights when the weather is crap or you're waiting for parts and can't progress on the main project.

The $60 asking price is maybe a little steep, but in all honesty I'm well out of touch, so that's just an opinion from a thrifty 'part Scot' of way back.