View Single Post
Old 14-09-16, 00:41

Rats! I cannot locate it at the moment, but back in the 80's I received a box of C42 Cables and bits from a benevolent Corporal at a local armoury while chatting to him about Southwind Heater installations for the M38CDN. Tucked into the box of stuff was a late model 12-pin Pye connector identical to the one in the eBay ad, but the rubber cable had been chopped at the base of the connector and just a short bunch of plastic covered wires were sticking out. Seemed odd to find a 19-Set bit of kit in with C42 parts and I dismissed it and tossed the connector into a spares bin. The plastic wire loom colours in the eBay ad are identical to those in the connector I have misplaced, but it seems to support these particular adaptor cables were in the Cdn Army Supply System at one time. The only cables I have seen for the C42 12-pin connector are 90 degree elbow types. Seems I will have to keep an eye out for this cable with inline connectors and use the appropriate end and section of cable to reconstruct one of these adaptors. I suspect once the 19-Sets were out of the picture, these adapters became redundant and somebody wagged the C42 end as a spare, tossing the Pye end.

David