View Single Post
Old 12-09-16, 20:38
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Somewhere on the net in the last couple of weeks, I ran across a reference to one of these, with a very fuzzy picture and I cannot, for the life of me retrace where I ran across it. Thought I would toss it out here in case somebody recognizes the details and can perhaps provide more information.

What the item appeared to be was a 6 or 8 inch long heavy rubber cable. One end was fitted with a standard 12-pin 19-Set Cable Connector. The opposite end had a female 6-pin Clansman/Larkspur Headset Receptacle fitted. From what I understood from the article, by fitting this adapter to a 19-Set Control Box, the Clansman/Larkspur Commanders Headset could be connected and be fully functional within the 19-Set System.
David
That seems rather unlikely, since the 12-way connector is intended for a control unit (though I suppose it could fit the second connector on the Operator control box).

Cables I have seen:

Short 2-pin male Pattern 104 to Pye 6 pin socket. (WS19 power from later power distribution box).

Long 12 pin Pattern 104 to Pye 12-pin socket (WS19 into Larkspur harness)

Bracket with Pye 12-pin plug to something I've forgotten (to fit a C12 into a WS19 harness).

6-pin Pattern 104 (I think) to Connector 5-pt (drop lead) Mic/Headset connector for C12. (Only allows a single user, so presumably training, etc.

There may well be other variations in circulation, but these were standard items for various applications.

Chris.