View Single Post
Old 02-09-16, 16:33
carrier mech

Ross:

How very generous of you, but it is now accessioned to the museum so out of my control.

Track appears in great shape with plenty of tooth on the sprockets. They are also TL marked, so I suspect that over time the US track was replaced in service with Cdn track. I have not checked the road wheels to see if the straight spoked ones are Canadian replacements. It is very possible that if this vehicle served through the 50s that the RCEME used what was available and worked as opposed to bringing in T-16 parts for the repairs.

Spotted the rear stowage bin in the back of the carrier with better protected tac signs. Have not pulled it out yet but at this point I am pretty sure it was an artillery militia unit.

There was some modification on the front for mounting the base plate. Between that and the base diameter of the mounts, it should be quick enough to determine if this was was a 4.2 or a 3" mortar conversion.

Regarding the numbers on the side, I suspect that domestically they would be the DND numbers rather than WD numbers. Any Canadian based carriers I have observed had the DND number rather than CTL numbers.