View Single Post
Old 29-05-16, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo Happonen View Post
Thanks for chiming in Pete. I've opted to go with the No 13 cab for the build, head on over to Track Link if you want a heads up on how the kit is coming together. Spoiler: rather nicely so far.

Cheers

Kimmo
Hi Kimmo. I've been watching your build on Track Link, and from that, and looking at the kit I have, IBG appears to have made a bit of a mixture of the Ford and Chev trucks (as also have Mirror with their models)! Only a Ford No.12 cab can be made from the parts supplied in the IBG kit, but both can be done from the Mirror kit.

Comparing the two kits, there is a vast difference in the sizing between the two early cabs, and IBG have also simplified some of the chassis components. The measurements of the Mirror kit closely match the real thing from measurements given in the forum threads.
There is also no treadplate for the floor of the cab, which is supplied as a PE part in the Mirror kit.
The two No.13 cabs though, measure up almost identical to each other!

The one thing I do like about the IBG kit, is the inclusion of alternative roofs for both the 12 and 13 cabs, plain with no hatch, or with hatches.. a pity Mirror doesn't include this.

I attach some photos of the Mirror C15A kit that I'm presently working on.. doing some basic plumbing and wiring on the chassis before I add the drive shafts. I'm building the early cab, which comes in the initial kit, but had purchased the so called No.12 update set. Wrong, as the bonnet/hood is still a No.11 type, not the later No.12 one...just in grey styrene rather than the clear one supplied in the kit. Oh well, some scratch-building will be required to correct this!

Cheers,
Pete M.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN6804.jpg   DSCN6807.jpg   DSCN6808.jpg   DSCN6797.jpg   DSCN6799.jpg