View Single Post
Old 14-01-16, 11:24
Gilles Chartrand

Default Lsvw

Like Ryan said good runners but no stopping. What I will doing with mine is:
1. change the tires and replace them with 286X75x16 with a less aggressive thread than the military thread, less weight on the truck
2. We will be relining the brake pads with a soft asbestos type lining, the present lining are very hard and will cause excessive noise, become glazed faster. Hopefully the softer brakes will help, we will let you know the results. The brakes will be redlined in Ottawa.
With new brakes and smaller tires I should get better performance. MTF
Overall the trucks Ryan and I got are very nice, I have no bodywork to do and minimal touchup and adding personal touches.
It will go to safety in the springtime as it is too cold to work on it now.
Don't judge a book by it's cover, remember while they were in the forces these vehicles were always severely overloaded, often driven by people who only car was a Kia Rio. The controversy of this vehicle reminds me of any other vehicle that everyone said was the worse made... The ILTIS..
We have owned Iltises since they were surpluses and once we collectors got our hands on them we love them. Ask Carolle my wife, Stuart, John Granger.
Give the LSVW a chance, even if it is under powered it will still get us from point A to B, our hobby is not built for speed and we have vehicles that are slow but good to look at.
If you are interested in a LSVW wait to see the results as to what they sold for, I believe the next lot will have a lower starting price I will ask the following "How much have you paid for an old rusted out shell or a non runner, deadhead????
Yea I like the LSVW, but then again some people say I am weird.

Last edited by Wpns 421; 14-01-16 at 11:25. Reason: errors