View Single Post
Old 27-10-15, 01:59

Phil,

I have been wanting to reply to your thread, but every time other things got in between. But here goes;

Just like Mike, I prefer 4 and 5, with at least a small piece in position "9".....yes, the one that was not really included . In my opinion what often lacks in ride along video's is some shots of the vehicle driving past (9). I know...it's not really ride along and it would make filming more difficult for you, but for me it gives so much more pleasure than just driving along. I like watching classic race/rally/hillclimb video's from time to time and with some video's....no matter how fast the driver is pushing the car...I don't have a clue what the car looks like from the outside! Only a few seconds of the vehicle driving past would make a huge difference.

In general; I don't like position 1 and 2, as they could be filmed from about any car. 3 is better, but I would like to be able to see the driver at work a bit more. that's why I like 4 and 5...the ideal mix between the view of a big portion of the cab, the driver at work....and the road and scenery.
6 gives less view of the cab and driver. 7 and 8 would be a good alternative for "9", but I guess it could also be confusing as some people might think it shows a different vehicle driving behind the subject vehicle (?).

I would avoid music....or maybe just something neutral in the background. I am not a fan of stereotype army music.....or any kind of stereotype music for that matter. A few weeks ago we had a classic steam locomotive and rail event here in Holland.....there was an item on it in the local TV news....any guesses which music they used?

Alex