View Single Post
Old 03-10-15, 13:58
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Yeo View Post
Rob has to spend a bunch of money on a truck and I get absolution for poaching in Manitoba!

I'm glad you bought the truck and made two people happy. I know that my contact wanted the truck saved and go to a good home. Who better to have it than Rob ( Mr. Ford).

A HUP isn't a CMP? You have to watch those guys from the Hammond Barn, they will try and wind you up every chance they get.
Gordon:

I cannot offer absolution. There is much higher authority for that. Poaching rust free artifacts from Manitoba and taking them to the Ontario rustbelt is wrong on many levels. There were a lot more military vehicles in Ontario....your forefathers chose not to look after them as well as spread salt all over your roads. So your people decide to live in the warmer climate of Canada, but then figure you have the right to come into the deep freeze at will and remove cultural property. You have not paid the price unless you have lived in constant -35 temperatures, knowing full well that after 3 decent months of weather you will go through the winter cycle all over again.

Don't forget, we now have your son. Any further incursions into MB for nefarious purposes and we will turn off his heat. Did you note that during your last visit out here (possibly poaching I might add) all his vehicles broke down? Don't underestimate our powers.

There is a little more to the "not a CMP" story from Rob. When I went to Afghanistan as a contractor, the wife set up an email account so she could talk with me while I was gone. Since my internet account was cmpman, she took on the account name of cmpwoman. Only problem was when someone asked her later what a cmp was, she thought it must be some kind of gun. I told her about the trucks, and she asked if we had one. At the time, we did not have an iconic cmp truck, although there were plenty of other Canadian vehicles including the penguin, the carriers, and a multitude of cmp trailers. So she told me we had to buy a CMP. It is not often I get told to go buy another truck from her, and so when the HUP became available, we jumped on it.

I suspect Rob's comment was merely trying to assist me by opening the possibility that she would fall for it, and order me to buy another truck. Alas, she was not so gullible the second time around, yet here I am with another.

Last edited by rob love; 03-10-15 at 18:08.