View Single Post
Old 27-09-15, 21:38

Default Issue of sound track

Hi All

Thanks for the input, sound is an issue particularly GoPro. All of shots in the test video were with full waterproof case on the camera. Got to try the skeleton back and see if that produces better sound.

Clips 1 & 2 are dash mount is magnetic 4x4 inch and it seems to pick up a lot of mechanical or contact noise. In some clips you can hear the turn signal clicking away even when the engine is at full throttle. When using this mount on BEAUTY it also picks up a body squeak that I never found the source of.

The clips 3-4 are shot with tripod which is held down to truck with bungie cord there is a difference in contact noise if the legs are not sitting directly on the steel floor or bed.

I will have to look at getting the mic cable, but to use it, think I’ll also have to get a skeleton housing. I’ve thought that an interesting location for the mike would be inside the headset I wear. That would provide for music and convoy chatter on the CB and by hitting the intercom/radio button i could add commentary.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com