Thread: Wanted: Chev Blitz C15A North QLD
View Single Post
Old 08-08-15, 11:28
Tony Baker

I was talking with a fellow restorer and 'blitz sniffer' today. I swear he can smell the damn things from miles away. Like the child catcher from Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang, but not creepy! Anyhoo, he told me about a pair of Monkey Face CMPs and some cab13 Chevrolet ones he came across out west QLD a while ago. Sounds like they might be reasonably complete, and the farmer owner is keen to get rid of em. My friend will see if he can contact the owner for me, to find out if they are still there. While I don't have any further information on these vehicles, they might be worth a thought. I have asked for photos, if possible. I believe they are located in vicinity of Augathella. If any further info is forthcoming, I will hand it on. My friend has no interest in Chevs, so didn't give them any thought while he was there retrieving a vehicle for himself (I'll post photos I took today, on my thread soon) and a nice sunshine cab roof for me. I write this post after just returning home from a ~700km round trip, with another trailer load of parts.

Last edited by Private_collector; 08-08-15 at 23:51.