Thread: Wanted: Chev Blitz C15A North QLD
View Single Post
Old 07-08-15, 14:30
Tony Baker

A mate of mine had this truck advertised on ebay, for $6000.
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0781-resized-960.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	75425 Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0782-resized-960.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	75426 Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0785-resized-960.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	75427 Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0783-resized-960.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	75428 Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0885-resized-960.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	75429
It is not exactly original, but had been altered in ways to make it a practical and reasonably comfortable vehicle to go travelling in. He has swapped the sidevalve V8 for a modern diesel of greater reliability and function. While not bodily restored, it is quite rust free and sound. All the mechanicals were rebuilt to ensure trouble free motoring. As were brakes. The electrical system is exceptional. The truck sat unloved on ebay for weeks. Knowing the owner, and the standard of work that he put into it, I struck a deal and bought it for myself. It will be a fun project, as I make visible changes (hopefully, improvements) to return it to a more military look. The bridge plate, serial number, and military division symbol on the front, are only temporary, until I get around to a color change. Since buying the truck in March/April, all I really needed to do is put fuel in and turn the key. Had some interesting experiences in this truck, that's for sure.

Deals like this come along now and then. If I had bought this truck in 2010, I would have put all my efforts into it alone, and saved myself a lot of hard work! Well, maybe not, but my point is with a running, drivable vehicle, you can work on it while still enjoying the use of the toy. That way you get to do restoration work AND enjoy the benefits straight away. Just a thought.

Last edited by Private_collector; 08-08-15 at 23:50.