View Single Post
Old 07-11-04, 02:57
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Bill

I DO thank you for your input and insights, sir. We have valued your contributions here since the day you found us, and will continue to do so regards any issue which comes up.

By "GWB" I presume you mean me (as opposed to your President), and if that's the case, rest assured the 'Spinnington-Ballington' references are taken in the good humour in which they were intended. Some of the original propagators I number amongst my closest friends.

I WILL get them back eventually, of course. When they least expect it...

I would like you to know that I bought my American flag on 9/12/01. I've known a lot of Yanks for a lot of years, but regardless of our political differences I will stand tall for any man willing to put his life on the line in the cause of freedom.

That was the case for the Americans who came north in 1939... and for those of us who went south in 1965. For our stalwart fellows who joined yours in Afghanistan, and by all indicators, performed admirably.

Soldiers are soldiers.

Whether or not our governments have agreed with one another, our PEOPLE have generally understood each other, and have STOOD BY each other through thick-and-thin. THAT'S what's important. Don't listen to the sycophants banging their heads against the wall, especially not those select morons in Ottawa. Human beings with shared values get along... and soldiers of any nation understand one another intrinsically.... we have to - we live for one another, fight for one another, and if necessary, die for one another. As your [excellent] movie says... 'one another is all we have' (BTW, I hope you have the DVD version... ensure you watch the deleted scenes stuff).

I have a Red Ensign, a Canadian flag and a Stars 'n Stripes. I'm proud of all three. I DO, however, need a British Union Flag to complete my collection, and I reckon Nigel will be on my case shortly ref a Scottish Cross of St. Andrew flag... mind you, that's MY blood talking too...

Hell, I think I'll have a wee dram of The Creature m'self now, come to think of it...

Thanks for behaving yourselves here, lads... I DO think this is a worthwhile subject to explore.