Thread: Why bother?
View Single Post
Old 15-06-15, 21:58

I am curious to know what the 'something else' is that 'Hammy' may have in mind. What would he consider a more worthwhile pursuit? I look at the huge crowds that attend sporting events and think to myself 'they must have little to do that they can spend time yelling ineffectually at some hired hand who has temporary possession of an air filled bladder'. And they pay money to do it!
Unbelievable!
In my time I've rebuilt a vehicle that carried myself and a companion tens of thousands of kilometres through the Australian outback and eventually from Istanbul to the UK where it now resides. Whilst on Crete we encountered some Norwegians who were awe struck by our adventure and referred to us as Vikings. How good is that? Jam your b****y football!
Meanwhile I'm building a replica Dodge Command Car and do have off days particularly when the weather is bad and the question does arise, 'why bother?'
Why do people climb Everest? I couldn't be bothered but people go to extraordinary lengths to do so. I will finish the Dodge and who knows what adventures lay in store.
Sounds like Hammy hasn't enough brights to understand the human condition. Some people are not worth bothering with.

David