Thread: For Sale: 1945 Tanker Oversuit
View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 14:34
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusonn View Post
Finally I received the size chart. It is in centimeters. Seams are the benchmarks. The girth as you call it here is the Neck to crotch line and is measured at the back of the coverall from bottom edge of collar over the back and butt to the crotch seam. (so not all the way up the front side)
[snip]
Daniel would prefer that you choose one of the standard sizes, but if there is really an odd figure, an extra size can be made. Note this would take longer in order to make the patterns.
Dusan,

I measured up my coverall today. See the label, it is of recent manufacture, according to EN 340: 2003 - Protective Clothing – General Requirements (now superseded by EN ISO 13688: 2013), which (among other things) sets standards for Size Designation based on standard body dimensions. Might be worthwhile for your friend to list his garments according to international standards so it is easier to sell to interested parties across the globe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1712_resize.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	72429

Reason for me to wear a new coverall is due to the fact that I have not been able to find a WW2 (style) one as I am quite long (1,96 m), even by today's standards. So I would be happy to buy and wear a repro coverall, also because I think the wartime dated ones should be preserved as much as possible and not worn out.

So here are the measurements from a Dutch & German size 58 / British size 116:
  1. shoulder width: 60 cm
  2. chest girth: 69 cm
  3. waist girth: 59 cm
  4. sleeve length: 67 cm
  5. inner leg length: 86 cm
  6. neck to crotch: 103 cm
Apart from the shoulder width, it looks like a size 7 or 8 would fit?

Please let us know about the status of current stock and/or planned manufacture.

Thanks!
Hanno