Thread: 11 Set stuff
View Single Post
Old 05-04-15, 19:29
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Pier View Post
Well I don't Know Mike. I think the box came from you as an empty unit and I acquired the internals a year or so ago off ebay. I seem to remember that you gave me the heads up about the auction. I have noted that the others shown here have a meter. Is mine wrong? Ron
The Pye connector is rather later than the WS11, and on your coupling unit appears to be fitted to a metal plate that blanks off the meter position.

Looking at the schematic in the WS11 handbook (Signal Training Vol.III Pam 19), the LP button operates a normally closed shunt to the 350 mA RF ammeter. Looking at it further, it appears to be Ammeter HF 350 mA No.1 which is a fairly common "plug-in" type, so there would have been a large bakelite socket behind where the Pye connector now sits. Also there appears to be a protective cover for the meter, secured by four screws (the socket has three), so if you have a look behind the Pye connector and that's the arrangement, I have a spare socket and can probably find you the correct meter. (The protective cover you'll have to make yourself, a block of wood and some perspex sheet ought to do it.)

Chris.