View Single Post
Old 30-03-14, 22:24

Default Svc b

I know from my time in that at CFB Toronto base maint. was run by EME pers. with civy workers , this included body shop, we saw very little of 25 service there , and from my time in the field I did not see them , they would have been in the field with all the other units for summer con. when the CUCV came into the system GM dealers worked on them until the warranty period was up, and as for the G-Wagon only the non union shops worked on the trucks themselves and some of this work seemed to continue after the warranty period, our shop , I worked for MB for 36 years , had the component contract ie engines , axles , transmission , transfer case , starters and alternators, this contract is now gone , and I think the G-Wagon will be gone as soon as the CF finishes rolling over the remainder still on the road , as it stands now more than a third of the fleet is sitting in Montreal now not counting the ones sitting in PCC compounds across the country, the end word on this is it depends on what has been written into the contract when the fleet is purchased and it seems over the years the work is going to the dealers more, part of this is also the right to repair as the manufacturers will not release repair info and software , this all being very bad for the soldier in the field when his vehicle quits running,