View Single Post
Old 10-03-14, 00:31
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Maybe someone who knows better may set me straight on this but here goes;
I thought that in order for Police to enter/search a premises and lay charges, that they had to have just cause. Be it a court issued warrant or have witnessed or seen in open sight a violation of law. eg. coming to the door of a home and being able to clearly see inside the illegal item in plain view.
As far as laying charges for unlawful storage in the High River case, I would argue that yes, perhaps these situation were encountered, but only after Police conducted a break and enter of the premises. Kind of crosses each other out as far as I'm concerned but I am not a lawyer. I believe that this is why no charges were laid in these cases as it would be paramount to embarrassment on the behalf of the RCMP.
If the areas were cordoned off and locked down as suggested, there really was not any reason in the interest of Public Safety to illegally enter and seize personal property. Things were safe right where they were.
As far as lawsuits involving the Firearms act and reclassification, that is coming henceforth by the NFA.
I understand that the RCMP has been tasked with the administration of the Act but I fail to understand how perfectly legal firearms yesterday become illegal today by the stroke of a pen and how law abiding Citizens become criminals overnight?
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers