View Single Post
Old 30-09-04, 16:15

Default Re: Darrell, here's where it gets confusing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Parker
As to the Fox naming, yes, I gratefully received permission, but nothing in writing which would be nice and 'official'. You sent me regimental names and I have one that seems to fit the charater of the beast (C Squadron 'CHASM'). Are you suggesting in your post above that there may be a chance to find names actually used on RCD Fox in WW2 in the regimental archives? If so, that would be a fantastic!!
I am suggesting exactly that. I believe the names you got may be post war so if you want to search the RCD Achieve,(during working hours), it can be arranged if you know when you can be here. I could do it for you but the timeline for me finding the time is within the next two or three months!!

Gord and R.

It would appear that we have what we need but in (as you say) a different config. It's unlikely we'll be able to purchase the things we need but perhaps someone wants to talk trade. I have Ferret, M113 C&RV, Leo 1, parts galore as well as extras for the carrier like motor, tranny, engine covers and driver comp stuff. Also that Willys has to go too but she's a special case.

Our carrier has very little in the way of interior fittings but lots of empty holes so stowage diagrams are a bonus. Thank again.

regards
Darrell