View Single Post
Old 23-12-13, 14:07

Default Browning High Power

Guys,

Whatever the Border Services is getting as a sidearm is fine by me. The important thing is they get the proper training. More police officers and security personel get harmed with their own sidearm in accidental discharge events than bad guys.

As for the Canadian Forces, I have had a love affaire with the BHP ever since we got the new mags , it has given sterling service.

Yes there was always a problem with the magazines. The bad one were never retired and always came back to pest us.

I should point out that i am of the opinion that it is a weapon of last resort when your service weapon is jammed or lost in combat.

Because of the limited range and efectiveness of the 9mm round, the pistol is considered of limited use for combat use.

The military police are just that, police. They should have reliable and efficient sidearms.

It is an age old debate.

Over are the days when pistols were considered as a status symbol for officers. As soon as snipers started targetting opponents wearing pistols, officers started hiding or discarding them.

So , the real question i am trowing in the debate : Do we really need pistols in combat ?

94 LSVW