View Single Post
Old 12-11-13, 03:40

Default A bank note worth millions- Remembrance Day

It is a great canadian story. A story of courage , and of camaraderie.

Soldiers develop bonds with each other that are inseparable.When you work , live, sleep and fight , live and die with a comrade they develop a lifelong bond .

That bond was transmited by Bob Morisson's kind gesture towards these soldier's families . I thank you for that Bob.

I was at the Remembrance Day parade today in my hometown.I was tasked to lay a wreath at the Monument for my Regiment .

I had also parked two of my trucks ( F15A G.S. and FORD GPW ) in front of the parade with the help of a few volonteers drivers fron the Legion.

One gentleman walked up to me and said : I learned to drive in one of those young fellow ! ( i am 53 ) . It was North Africa right before we went in in Italy as reinforcements. My friend Garant did not make it back.

We honored private Garant today . Many surviving members of his family were there today.

Bob , i am thankfull that you took the time and made the effort.

Families do remember their lost ones and they appreciate any gesture that we make to thanks them for the sacrifice of their loved ones.

Merci Robert Morisson, you are a fine man.

The motto of the Royal 22 Regiment , The French Canadian regiment also called the Van Doos is : Je me souviens ! (I remember )

Je me souviens .

Robert
94 LSVW