View Single Post
Old 05-07-13, 23:22

Thanks for the info links Phil, yep thankfully I'm doing it without the body. In fact I'll probably get everything just right mechanically before I even think about the body. Besides it puts off the time when I have to buy paint... That's quite a set up you had their! I've certainly never done testing to that extent. Couldn't find the footage of running with no cover though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McNeill View Post
caution, with clearance of 0.01 and 0.02, the 0.01 sounds OK but 0.02 is too wide and are you running the valves with the caps on or off, in the manual it gives the change in clearance as engine warms up, I,d bring the exhaust down to 0.012- 0.015. my 2c worth.
Yeah I can see the change in clearance with temperature, and it supports what someone says in the thread Phil linked to that clearance is the same cold and hot. Why do you then .02 is too wide when the manual specifically states it? Not being a smart arse just wondering? I know .02 is for heavy conditions, but you say caution to it - how come? I understand the problems with too bigger gaps but why would the manual be recommending something incorrect?

Last edited by harrygrey382; 05-07-13 at 23:31.