Thread: WS No 19
View Single Post
Old 02-07-13, 10:55
Derek Heuring

Default Lots of 19 sets available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Gidday all,

I'm restoring a White M3A1 AOP and was looking down the track at getting a WS No 19 wireless set for it. I see the AOP's had these as standard kit.

Can anyone give me a bit of an idea please on how readily available these wireless sets still are and the likely cost if I did locate one?

I see a couple on eBay and they were priced around $1000. Is that about the going rate if I could get one?

Thanks.
D, incomplete 19 Sets abound on ebay, from what are commonly referred to as "boat anchors" due to their poor condition to sets that are near pristine. I've bought and sold several 19 sets over the last couple of years and you can expect to pay $100.00 to $125.00 for the correct power supply and between $225.00 to $450.00 for the A/B Set depending upon condition. A power supply and an A/B set are FAR from a complete 19 Set though and one can expect to pay from two to three times as much as you paid for the power supply and A/B set for all the ancilliaries; cables, control boxes, aerials, aerial mounts, mounting base for the PS and A/B set, variometer, Case: spare valves, oscillator, Case: spare parts, headphones, canvas cover, Morse key, ground spike, aerial bag, charging board, watch etc. etc. that truly make up a complete 19 set. I've sold two near complete, near-pristine 19 sets recently, one went to a collector in Canada, the other to a museum in Europe for $1,500.00 and $1,800.00 respectively. Hope this info helps and if you're interested, I have another near complete 19 set that I'll be listing on ebay soon.

regards, Derek