View Single Post
Old 20-05-13, 12:11

Of interest amongst all the carnage is this rusted out Cab 12 which turns out to have been a Rover armoured car initially, serial no. 77736. It appears to be a wartime conversion with the cab interior painted luminous white like an AFV...perhaps converted by the armoured unit where it served? This particular Rover was F60S based so the upshot is a Cab 12 F60S - a very surprising sight to behold!

Anyway I saved it from the marauding Mr. Komatsu who was hovering hungrily nearby after devouring a few Chevs for entree. Unfortunately this scrappy is paying $190 a ton which makes it somewhat uneconomical to save, recover, and store 4 tons of rusted out CMP of little monetary value and even less prospect of restoration. With no prior access to the property I found myself scrambling frantically over the wrecks with a hammer and cold chisel trying to save what parts I could whilst being pursued by Mr. Komatsu!
Attached Thumbnails
TONY5606 - Copy.jpg   TONY5611 - Copy.jpg   TONY5612 - Copy.jpg   TONY5614 - Copy.jpg   TONY5624 - Copy.jpg