View Single Post
Old 29-03-03, 04:54
Vets_Dottir

Smile Excellent News I Hope

MARK: Thanks for that link. I copy and send any new links to Rog (the pilots son)

Excellent news...I hope:

I may have been instumental in re-uniting the pilot and one of his crew members!!!! His bombardier's son is searching for info and crew members too, in cahoots with his bombardier Dad who is now over 80 and not well.

My persistant browsing of message boards and sites pays off sometimes, in very very nice way, for others.

MARK...it was your post that got me browsing and seacrhing again for Rog and his Dad. THANK YOU for the little in-cite

COMMENT in GENERAL: It's mind-boggling and wonderful to see so many vets leaving messages on line requesting info about their old war bud's and crews, and also is great to see the interest that the younger generations are showing in searching out history. Lest we forget? Hmmm... I think we won't. Some of us won't let that happen now, will we?

PS: Stu (pilot) had a trunkful of his war memorabillia stolen in around th 1960's, including medals, uniform, etc. He finally was able to get replacements of medals and another uniform, but meanwhile a whole TRUNK FULL of `many many photos', papers, uniform, etc are floating around `OUT THERE' somewhere.

Just so you all know.

Take care.