View Single Post
Old 29-07-12, 13:24

Default suspension off, hull down

Using the angle grinder, removed the plate inside the engine rails, at the forward end of the engine bay that hides the tube shaft. This plate was rusted, and having it removed will now let me replace the fuel change over bracket rod. I think this was placed in to the hull and then welded in. In time I will get another plate lazer cut and fit the small metal brackets and leather dust boots.
Commenced to remove the seats in the front, removed all other fittings in the front, now the only items left are the seat mounting blocks welded to the floor. Will have to heat and remove the broken bolts later.
Removed the suspension from the hull and have lowered it down onto the tyre/vehicle dollys with many blocks of wood for support. I found that I can use the 2300kg pallet jack to lift and move the front of the hull and can support it on my jack stands. Have now moved the hull into the welding bay of my workshop. One person can move it around the workshop, two people ensure that it does not run into things causing damage. I now have many pallets around the workshop to store and move items around, finding it very handy. It also keeps the kids amused.
Attached Thumbnails
eng plate.jpg   Darrins Photos 002.jpg   Darrins Photos 003.jpg   Darrins Photos 004.JPG