Name:	ML21.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	48883 Click image for larger version

Name:	ML24.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	48885
In these two photos you will note there are a great number of crosses to the fallen. Each cross represents a Gympie local serviceman or servicewoman, and their names are on the cross itself. These can be read without problem when viewing in person. Brigadier Outridge also featured in the first photo. Can you spot him? I can, now that his daughter, the creator of the murals, had told me where to look.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ML22.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	48884
Maybe this third photo may help. He actually appears in two seperate murals, and both locations he is in civilian attire (at his request). I have been told Mrs Outridge is represented too, she was an Army Nurse. I did not have the opportunity to know her personally, as she passed away some years before I met Mr Outridge.

Well, that's just about it, but there is one more very important thing to show before I sign off.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ML1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	48886 Click image for larger version

Name:	ML2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	48887
The most recent addition to Memorial Lane was the allocation of an area for a wall of remembrence to deceased service personnel. This is where the family of the deceased can have a specially made 'paver' added to the wall, with the service persons name, branch of service, date of birth & date of death. Unfortunately more names are added each year. They are only added and unveiled on the two significant days of the year, ANZAC Day and Remembrence Day. My own father is remembered in this wall, as is a growing number of people I have known and come to consider my friends. It saddens me greatly to see my old mates, one by one, turning from a living piece of history into a plaque acknowledging their demise.

As you can see, In Gympie we know the meaning of......

LEST WE FORGET

ende.