View Single Post
Old 29-01-12, 07:57
Blitzed

Default hunting

Went for a days drive around central vic yesterday with a friend to search for some tank bits. I came home empty handed but did get to speak to some great people.
One theme that was common was that of theft!
This was really surprising to me. I guess I'm still fairly new to the hobby and I had heard of theft from Murrayville but it now looks much more widespread after yesterdays conversations. And these were farms that were well hidden.
It was really disappointing to hear and quite surprising. Stories of trucks coming onto properties and oxy's being used to take the wanted bits.
It really had me thinking. I love going for a drive and knocking on doors and talking to people. I haven't had a gun pointed at me yet or nor have I been told to 'f' off. But if these low pricks keep ruining this hobby of ours by stealing off genuine people that time may soon come.
One thing we should all do to help prevent theft is never post photos of items or farms that are not ours and that we do not have permission to do so. You never know who will end up looking at them.

On a brighter note I'm charging up my Lee's batteries so I can move a 5000g water tank.