View Single Post
Old 29-12-11, 22:29
Dan Glanville

I appreciate all of the input and info. Being somewhat new to the MVP, it is always good to hear many different types of feedbacks from personal experiences.
As I had pretty much decided before I started this thread, it is best to play it smart with whatever you do regarding MV and dewats. As I had mentioned in the beginning, we are talking about parades and shows, not shopping at the supermall, or cruising the strip for chicks.
My understanding with most historical firearms, they had the options of hard cases and boxes, or canvas covers. To me, that seems like an easy fix. Out of sight, out of mind. Perhaps if its mounted ontop of a jeep, but with the matching canvas cover, might be OK when driving to destination. Also, getting to know your local authorities is a good thing. When they understand what you have, and have seen it, sometimes they don't mind you dropping their name if you get in a bind elsewhere. Providing your not breaking rules.
In the end, we are trying to preserve the history, not have it confiscated and melted to make cheap wrenches.