View Single Post
Old 04-08-11, 02:56
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Military vehicle art

Hi All

Late last year Salesman Bob and I crossed the border into Victoria and and attended the Bendigo Swap Meet looking for Jeep parts and military odds and sodds. The day was very, very wet and the mud in most places was up to the ankles, so we wandered into a hall which was packed with people escaping the rain, so we decided to browze and dry off.

Ferreting through piles of stuff I located a signed pencil drawing print of a 1942 MB Willys Jeep with a mounted .30 Cal. Well I was in the process of restoring a 1942 MB Jeep I had to have it at all cost. it was numbered 96/250 and signed by the artist, David IRVING. I put my batering skills aquired in Asia to work and after some argy bargy bought the print for $20.00, I was a very happy man. (Photos attached)

I googled. "David Irving" but found nothing but a lot of stuff about a bloke who was well known as a Holocaust skeptic. I then googled "David Irving Painter" and found the guy to be a New Zealand painter. His profile showed he did Military drawings so I clicked on Military on his profile and flipped through all his military vehicle paintings and found the print I had purchased.

I know there is a lot of interest shown on the MLU forum at the moment about military vehicles drawings and paintings and suggest anyone interested should google as I did or try; http://www.david-irving.com/ He has drawings of all the vehicles we have. Well recommended.

Cheers

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01998.jpg   DSC01999.jpg   DSC02000.jpg