View Single Post
Old 06-05-11, 23:00

Gord and Robin, the outlook is much better than I had anticipated on first viewing the scene. I was lucky enough to get away with only a dinted roof and a broken windshield. There are lots of scratches but the paint was crap anyway. I think what saved me was the tree uprooted and must have come down slowly and just rested on the truck. Many other trees in my yard actually broke and crashed down. I was really concerned about the “A” pillar but it’s okay.

Chris, I insured the vehicle with my regular company by just telling them I had purchased the vehicle in the US and wanted to drive it home. I put the valid plates from my other truck on the CUCV and drove it to the border. There I put on a dealer plate I had borrowed from my neighbour and went through US Customs. They have a space on their form for the licence plate
number of the vehicle. In the past I have always had enough time to buy a temporary plate in whichever state I have been buying a vehicle from, but this time we wanted to get to the Sussex show so I didn’t try. If I wasn’t able to borrow the dealer plate we would have just gone through Customs on a tow bar.
Cheers,
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.