Thread: MLVW sightings
View Single Post
Old 19-03-11, 02:52
aut viam inveniam aut fac

I know a guy who has a very nice Cdn MLVW, but he could not licence it..I believe the release paper said for scrap only and with that designation (in Quebec) you simply can not change it even if you create a 100 point vehicle.
To get around it he had to import the Amercan version, transfer the Cdn cab and box onto the the US frame, and then he was able to get plates for it. (probably a bit more to the story than that, but essentially thats it)

His thoughts were that the govt and-or Bombardier didnt want to be liable in the event of a civilian accident due to something like the single master cylinder or improper lights or some such thing...(no matter how remote the possibility)

As for armour, given recent provincial legislation in BC and Ontario agianst "armoured" cars (ganstas) I kinda doubt anything remotely armoured will ever be released anymore
...a sad state of affairs

actually, as I recall, the Iltis was not supposed to be released either, or at least not platable for the road... but somehow a few slipped through the cracks and then the rest were sort of allowed through..although it is a bit of a grey area.