View Single Post
Old 04-02-11, 12:03

Default No Misquote - So I Will Spell it Out

I did not misquote you at all, I was politely stating that your misguided and wrong interpretation of what you think a Canadian soldier looked like during the Second World War is based what you think is cool to impress your re-enactor friends and not what was the norm during that period.

Did it not even dawn on you that you are basing your impression on a very small percentage of images of bearded Canadian soldiers held in vast archival collection of material? That alone should have been enough, but from what I see from your previous post, I suspect that you are on some 'bearded crusade'. Perhaps you can do us all a favour and actually find for us and post some of the other images of bearded Canadians during the Second World War that you apparently may have researched, because right now I have my doubts you can, but you may surprise me.

Did none of the members of your 're-enactment unit' question your bizzare no shaving request, or are they as blatantly mis-informed about the people and the period as you are?