View Single Post
Old 19-10-10, 12:25
warren brown

G'day everyone - as a comparative newcomer to this site I'm a bit blowed away that this hasn't been resolved before. Over the years, I've read in several articles (please don't ask me where at this point because I have a glass of 'Run 'o the Mill' Chardonnay in hand) that the Austin ambulance had CMP running gear. The other day I was at the barber who had a copy of Ralph or Zoo magazine (for those in Canada these are sort of disreputable Australian publications that in the Yukon might have the title of something like the 'Ottawa Beaver Magazine' if you know what I mean) with an article about motoring faux pas in movies - citing Ice Cold in Alex using a Land Rover ambulance throughout the film when Land Rovers turned up years after the war etc...As we know a Series One Land Rover is spotted outside the pub but wouldn't you not bother to move the thing after months filming in the Libyan desert? It is indeed a great film - there is another called 'Sea of Sand' with Michael Craig and Richard Attenborough about the LRDG. It's a cracker...
Ford GPW