View Single Post
Old 05-02-10, 23:33

Ok, I will go back probably on Sunday and get some pics. I couldn't really get at the engine to have a good look for snow, my cousin was telling me he thought it was a ford 8 in it. I will go back with a shovel and get it cleaned out. It looks to have been park a very long time, there was a fair sized tree grown up around the back tire.

It would be easy to haul out, it's only a few hundred metres into the bush, right off the side of a trail. The word on the street is that the local township bought two after the war, and used them up until the 60s to plow snow. Bob sold the good one to his neighbour, and he scavenged parts off the other one, and that's all I know. I will get after Bob again and see if I can haul it out in the spring. All I need to do is go down with the backhoe and a chainsaw, clear a few trees, and tow it out. My wife is going to be so happy..... She was just ecstatic in October when I broke my ankle, then two days later after my surgery, towed home my M38A1 and 53 M100 trailer. hahaha

p.s. I am in Tobermory, Ont. I also know the neighbour that restored the 42 Chev, and he is looking to sell if it hasn't already sold. It was in good shape, he used to take it to the local car show the odd night.

Tom